This past week has been a little rough on us. Presley had a little bit of jaundice at the hospital but we were told to get her in the sun as much as possible at home and it should get better. Well, we went for our 1 week appointment and the jaundice had definately gotten worse....we had a very yellow baby :-( Long story short, Presley had to be put on phototherapy which is where she would stay on a bed that looks much like a small tanning bed all day and all night. This was so hard for Josh and I because we couold not hold her at all unless it was to feed/change her until her levels went down. After many tears, I realized that this was not the end of the world and was hoping that the next few days would go by fast so I could snuggle with her again soon. Luckily, after day 3 of being under the light, sweet Presley's levels had gone down enough to take her off ...YEA!!!! I couldn't wait to put her in her cute clothes again and love all over her. The past two days she has been doing so much better and seems more alert and eating SOOOOO much. I think she is going through a growth spurt right now!!! Josh and I are having so much fun being parents and can't get enough of this sweet little girl :-) Here are some pics of our little glow worm!!!!
Nice and cozy under the warm light!!
On our way to our 1 week appt
No more yellow baby!!!
Smiling at her sweet Nana :-)





Jen...I am sooo glad she is better...we went through this exact thing with Bryleigh only she was in the hospital for a week after she was born. I know you are glad this is behind you...she is such a doll!
ReplyDeleteIt's so difficult when anything is not "perfect" with our little blessings! I can relate. I hope you are making up for the missed cuddles and kisses. She is just precious and I can't wait to see her. And by the way, you look beautiful! Motherhood suits you wonderfully, as I expected!
ReplyDelete